Sunday, January 24, 2016

Worth Sharing: Notes from HR - Title: IF....

Here are some lines Erma Bombeck wrote:

“If I had my life to live over, I would have talked less and listened more.  I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded.   I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.  There would have been more “I love you”…More “I’m sorry”…But mostly, given another shot at life, I would  seize every minute…look at it and really see it…live it…and never give it back”.

There’s a lot of food for thought in those words and we all can relate…

·       We’ve certainly had times when we’ve spoken too soon because we weren’t being “present” when someone trusted us as a listener.

·       We’ve procrastinated or not taken a risk because we were afraid of being judged or making a mistake.

·       In raising kids, there were moments when it seemed more important to keep them tidy than to let loose and have fun.

·       And we could have said “I love you” and “I’m sorry” on occasions when we were too proud or stubborn to do so.  We regret those times.


Let our new personal goal be --- “I’m going to try and seize more moments, worry less and enjoy more”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your much appreciated comments.